TGY TEACHER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Are you a recent graduate of a 200-hour yoga teacher certification program looking to begin your teaching career? Do you still have questions you feel could use a skilled teacher’s eye to help you hone your classes?
We’re here to guide you on your teaching journey!
About the Program
Available to approved graduates of a 200-hour teacher training course, this 2 month apprenticeship program is designed to give you the hands-on experience, skills and individual guidance needed to take your teaching to a whole new level.
- Weekly class observations and assists with your RYT teaching mentor for 2 months: Initially, you will observe your mentor’s class and have a brief discussion afterwards to answer any questions regarding sequencing, theming, assists, etc. When your mentor deems it appropriate, you will begin to assist within the class!
- Free classes while in program (a $230 value): You will be required to take two classes per week at TGY and reflect on them! Your reflections will help guide your individualized studies and assignments during the program.
- 4 Private Mentoring sessions throughout the program: You will meet with your mentor once twice a month for a discussion and goal-setting session. These sessions will be structured to support your skills and objectives and discuss your progress. We will give you weekly reading and writing assignments to help you grow as a teacher!
- 2 Required Advance Your Teaching Practicums with director or senior teachers: You will be required to teach two full classes open to the community and TGY staff! Your mentor will observe and provide feedback.
- Consideration for community class teaching spots: Successful completion of the Mentorship Program and favorable recommendation from your mentor are factors we look closely at when deciding to invite young teachers onto our community teaching, sub list and eventually, permanent teaching staff.
This program is open to those who:
- Have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program (or equivalent)
- Have completed the mentorship application form and audition process
- Currently practice at TGY!
This unique program can start at any time to coordinate with the availability of your TGY mentor.
$350: for graduates of The Grinning Yogi’s Teacher Training Program
$400: for teachers from other studios or training programs
About the Mentors
We’ve brought together a diverse range of senior teachers and instructors to guide you on your teaching journey! Requests for a specific mentor will be evaluated to ensure that you are paired with a mentor who will best serve your objectives.
We are happy to help! Please email Jamie at: firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.